Discover what creates the magic in our work.

Aug 21, 2015

Meet our New Web Designer, Chan Suet Ying

Aug 21, 2015 6:48 PM Posted by Meiyee Lai , , , ,

Meet our New Web Designer, Chan Suet Ying.

Suet Ying joined XiMnet two months ago as a Web Designer. Currently, she is working under the guidance of seniors and she assists our project teams in delivering solutions to our customers.

Our intern interviewed the new team member in conjunction with the #VoicesFromXiMnet project. Find out more from the brief interview below:



How do you feel so far about being one of the newest team member of XiMnet?

I feel very lucky to be in this team. It is better than what I have expected!


Is this your expected career plan from where you first started off?

Yes. I have always wanted to be in the digital industry. In XiMnet, I am given the opportunity to adopt new skillsets and this helps me to grow to be a better person every day.


Crucial skills you have learned in a digital marketing agency so far.

I am learning the rationale of web designing and all the details required to produce a good website for our clients. I also discovered how useful (and simple) is our Content Management System – XTOPIA in making managing complex websites. Other than that, working in a fast-paced environment has definitely improved my time management.


What's your biggest challenge at work and what did you do to overcome it?

Achieving the maximum with the least resources (and time!). I was unfamiliar with the tasks given when I first joined but now, I find myself to be more productive and efficient. The magic is none other than good time management. Time is really gold in the digital industry so always plan ahead to reduce frustration and stress at work.


Do you have a hero? Share with us. 

Yes. When I am at the downside of life, feeling afraid, lonely and confused, I will always go back to my heroes for guidance, inspiration, or just simply a place for warmth.
They are known as my parents; who will always be by my side and chases all the gloomy clouds away.


If you were given a chance to go back in time to meet the old you in uni/college, what would you advise him/her?

I would tell her to understand this quote which is very dear to my heart: “Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.” – Earl Nightingale


Read more about #VoicesFromXiMnet here.